Recipe of the Week
I know how hard it is staying in shape and eating correctly with all the fast food out there, so I will try and make it easier for you by adding a healthy recipe each week for you to try. These recipes are healthy and taste great making it easier to maintain that physique and keep it fresh. Enjoy!
ORANGE HONEY SIRACHA CHICKEN
Ingredients for at least 12 servings of 4oz of chicken:
• 3 lbs raw chicken breast (or tenders)
o 1.5 tablespoon sesame oil
o 2/3 cup Sriracha sauce
o 1/4 cup raw, organic honey
Note: to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe, you can use coconut sugar instead
o 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest (finely grate the peel of an orange to create the zest)
• sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Set your grill or oven to 375F.
2. In a bowl or large, sealable plastic bag, add the contents for the marinade and mix together well. Taste the marinade and customize to your liking with the ingredients and sea salt & pepper; and be careful not to add in too much more honey. The marinade should be spicy with a hint of “sweet orange” flavor.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl or bag and ensure that all the pieces are covered in the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes. If you marinate it in the refrigerator, allow the chicken to settle in the marinade at room temperature before cooking.
4. Place the chicken on a baking sheet or on the grill. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the juices from the chicken run clear. Flip the chicken halfway through so each side cooks for about 8 – 10 minutes. Use any leftover marinade to baste the chicken when you flip it over – just remember, to let it cook after basting since the raw chicken marinaded in it. If you have thick pieces of chicken breasts, your cooking time will likely increase; however, I suggest slicing the chicken breasts down the middle, to make thinner pieces, to reduce overall cooking time and to ensure that the chicken is completely cooked.
o In the photos shown here, I used chicken tenders and skewered them with mini-bamboo sticks.
Approximate macros for 1 of 12:
185 calories, 26g protein, 9g carbs, 5g fat